Historical and Educational Information
United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island

Historic Courthouse - Providence, Rhode Island - Circa 1857

Lincoln D. Almond

 

United States Custom House and Post Office (1901)
Completed in 1857.
Supervising Architect: Ammi B. Young
The United States District Court for the District of Rhode Island met here until 1908; the United States Circuit Court for the District of Rhode Island met here until 1908.
Renamed the John E. Fogarty Federal Building in 1968.
Now in use by the Rhode Island courts and known as the John E. Fogarty Judicial Annex.

 

 

 

 

 

Image Source: United States Treasury Department, A History of Public Buildings (Washington, D.C.: GPO, 1901): 530-31.