Fee Schedule

Effective December 1, 2017

Type of Fee
Filling fee, Civil case
Filling fee, Habeas Corpus
Filing fee, Miscellaneous case (i.e. Registration of Judgment in another District)
Filing fee, Notice of Appeal
Admission of Attorneys
Admission Pro Hac Vice
Certificate of Good Standing & Duplicate Certificate
Any payment returned or denied for insufficient funds
Copy fees
Docket Copy fees
Electronic Record Retrieval Fee (100 page maximum)
$19.90 plus .65/page
File Retrieval from Federal Records Center
Search of the Records
Appeal of Conviction in Misdemeanor Case
Audio Recording of a Court Proceeding
Processing fee for a petty offense charged on a federal violation notice

For more information regarding this fee schedule, please click here:  District Court Miscellaneous Fee Schedule


All checks/money orders must be made payable to:

Clerk, U.S. District Court

When you provide a check as payment, you authorize us either to use information from your check to make a one-time electronic fund transfer from your account or to process the payment as a check transaction.  When we use information from your check, funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as the same day you make your payment, and you will not receive your check back from your financial institution. 

Privacy ActA Privacy Act Statement required by 5 U.S.C. § 552a(e)(3) stating our authority for soliciting and collecting the information from your check, and explaining the purposes and routine uses which will be made of your check information, is available at (http://www.fms.treas.gov/otcnet/index.html), or by calling toll free at (1-866-945-7920) to obtain a copy by mail. Please note, furnishing the check information is voluntary, but a decision not to do so may require you to make payment by some other method.

For more information regarding payments submitted by check/money order please refer to the below Frequently Asked Questions guide or contact the Finance Department at (401) 752-7225.

Frequently Asked Questions – Payments by Check/Money Order 


The Court accepts online credit card payments via Pay.gov from registered CM/ECF Filing Users.  Detailed information pertaining to the use of Pay.gov, including which events have fees payable via Pay.gov can be found by clicking here.