Monday, March 2, 2020
In light of the recent announcements from the Rhode Island Department of Health regarding the COVID-19/Coronavirus, the U.S. District Court for the District of Rhode Island would like to assure the public that we are following all recommended guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention to ensure the safety and health of our customers and staff. Please note the following:
- If you are required to appear in court or are called as a juror, and are experiencing any flu like symptoms, have a fever, are coughing or sneezing, please contact the court before appearing. The court will make reasonable accommodations and reschedule appearances and hearings as needed.
- If you have recently traveled from an area with widespread or ongoing community spread of COVID-19 and you have symptoms of the disease (fever, cough, shortness of breath) reach out to your healthcare provider for details on how to proceed with proper medical care.
- Stay informed by:
- Visiting the department of health website: https://health.ri.gov
- Visiting the CDC website: https://www.cdc.gov
- Visiting the WHO website: https://www.who.int/health-topics/coronavirus
Thank you for your attention and please do not hestiate to contact the Clerk's Office at 401-752-7200 with questions.