An attorney must submit the following case initiation documents and the filing fee, if applicable, electronically using the Court’s Case Management/Electronic Case Files ("CM/ECF") system:
- Civil complaint (which must include a civil cover sheet)
- Notice of removal (which must include a civil cover sheet and the state court complaint)
New civil cases that are to be sealed or filed by a pro se party must continue to be submitted in paper. Filing Users who wish to electronically submit a case initiation document must first complete the below computer-based training module and review the below written materials. Please ensure the volume on your computer is turned up as the lesson has instructional audio.
- Lesson on Electronic Filing of Civil Complaints
- Case Opening Instructions
- Searching and Adding Parties Instructions
Electronic Filing of Miscellaneous Cases
- CM/ECF Filing Information
- Online Credit Card Payment of Filing Fees
- Civil Cover Sheet
- Summons in a Civil Action
For questions or information pertaining to the electronic filing of civil complaints, please contact the Clerk's Office at (401) 752-7200.